Access to grid electricity doesn’t just help individual consumers, but whole communities. By enabling utilities to connect more communities and increase reliability, SparkMeter unlocks social impact on a massive scale.
Access to grid electricity increases the ability to provide services to entire communities. Reliable power from the grid has the potential to:
- Improve healthcare, like diagnostics and delivering babies
- Increase educational opportunities with access to computing and the internet
- Improve governance by providing local government institutions with electronic record-keeping
With reliable power, households can expect to gain signficiant economic and social benefits, such as:
- Reduced expenditures on kerosene and candles
- Eliminating the safety risk from kerosene burns and house fires
- Increased eductional outcomes from extended lighting hours for reading and homework
Business economics are transformed by having access to grid electricity.
- Reduced expenditures on petrol gensets
- Increase operating hours from lower-cost grid electricity increases revenue
- Ability to offer more products and services by having access to greater levels of power and energy